Sunday, February 28, 2010

COMMITMENT

Goodbye February and Hello March! New month, new things-to-do. ;-)

Definitions of commitment on the Web:

  • committedness: the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose; "a man of energy and commitment"
  • the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
  • an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
  • a message that makes a pledge

I have always been the one that couldn't say no to a responsibility and a commitment. Student Council, Vice President of a class, Class leader, group leader, Student Assistant (Admin, Marketing, Registration, Dean) and a full-time tutor of my niece and nephews. Believe it or not, I do the tasks all in one setting. Very difficult I shall say but they keep me alive. But at some point, distractions come (ex: a guy or some... ;p, misconception, misunderstanding and clash of ideas and POV's), and then imbalance takes place. When that point comes, I am not very good in handling them, so the outcome? Burned-out. And when I'm burned-out, giving up seems to be the best escape. That is how weak and vulnerable I get.

Bottom line is, as I grow older, life grows harder. And on that note, I have come up to a self-theory: Lesser commitments gives me a higher chance to be happy and be successful with what I do.

I am not saying no to anything and I'm not saying that I'm not a hard-working person cause I know I am. I'm just trying to prioritize the things that I should do at the moment. Right now, my priority is to finish school and I couldn't do that if I won't be able to concentrate on it. In a year, my priority will be work and saving up for a business or invest on my own house. "One step at a time Jo, konting tiis nalang", I keep reminding myself. Live for the moment, plan for the future and see to it that you stand up if you fall.

They say life is what we make it and I want to make mine worthwhile. :-)





1 comment:

  1. Im proud of you, jo :D you're all grown up. mwah :)

    ReplyDelete